Friday 31 October 2008

Happy Halloween!

Just a few photos while I have time...

Here's the pond we like walking to, about 20 minutes away.


Its bird denizens enjoy frequent crumb handouts by members of the public. So much so, that even if you simply pause and bend down to take a picture, they swim up, expecting to be fed. Like these two:

Swan and cygnet:


Snozzz....

Anyhow, happy Halloween, everyone. It's not as much of a big deal here as it is in the States. Less trick-or-treating, not as much dressing up, very few (if any) haunted houses.

One of my favorite Halloweens of all time was at Jenna's house watching cheesy 80's horror flicks. 3 of us girls were sitting there, all prepared to be thrilled/frightened. We had soda, chips and candy. The heroine was walking across the lawn while a shadowy fiend lurked in the bushes, waiting to pounce. We waited, breathless.

And then...

And then...

The cheesiest 80's music theme ever started playing.

It was some sort of very stilted synchronizer ditty, and it totally pulled us all out of the moment. I have rarely laughed as hard as I did that night. And honestly? I don't think any horror movie can top that cheesy 80's one!

1 comment:

Fidget Midget said...

Cheesy 80s movies are the best! I came across your blog through a link on somebody else's page, but had to leave you a comment. I'm a yank living in London as well, except I'm from Virginia :) Love the pictures of the park, by the way!