Sunday 16 November 2008

We're Back

Atop a tower in Ludlow Castle, built in the 11th century. In the distance is St. Laurence Church, also built in the 11th century. (The raven was probably born in the last several years.) Both castle and church, of course, were added to/extended in later years.

Since I hail from a relatively young country, I've always been intrigued by castles, old cathedrals, etc. The Christian history of the UK is fascinating. I love going into an old cathedral, looking around at the architecture, soaking up the tranquil, holy environment. I walk along the stone floors and feel myself stepping back in time, staring down at the very surface that famous/infamous and influential people have trod upon centuries before. It's a humbling experience.
Approaching the castle. It was huge!

The way up....

View from the top.

Elijah lurked while B and I took turns going up various steps.

No time left, will post more pictures later.

1 comment:

fran said...

Kat, If you like cathedrals, you should read Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett. Elijah is getting cutier every pix. Love to all, Fran