Friday 11 September 2009

September

Sorry I haven't been updating. It's been hard to find a spare minute. I still need to respond to a bunch of emails, too.

Been spending lots of time on the novel, trying to keep on top of housework, and last (but certainly not least), keeping up with a certain young gentleman.

Last year at this time, I was in bad shape, having had a kidney infection and other complications. It's amazing to think how far we've come in a year. (Incidentally, in some other cultures, post-birth healing process include not leaving the house for a certain period of time. I can see how that developed.)

On Sunday, we bought Elijah his first pair of shoes. He's walking fairly well now, although he's very teetery still. B also took him swimming for the first time!

I haven't been taking many pictures lately because I've mostly been enjoying living in the moment and documenting everything tends to get in the way of that. I'll try and snap a pic of his spiffy new shoes soon, though.

In the meantime, we went to the Docklands Museum a few weekends ago and had a great time. I needed to know a bit more about London's docklands in the late 1800's for the book I'm writing and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the museum. After we were done looking at the exhibits, we went to the soft play area downstairs where E got to crawl around and poke things. There was a huge sand and water play table for older children, too. I can definitely see us going there again.

A few pictures:

In the sling, on the train, stylin' his sunglasses.

Exploring the play area with Daddy in tow.

Lastly - today is the anniversary of a very sad day. May it never happen again in anyone's lifetime.

1 comment:

SSP said...

he is getting so big....hope i get a chance to meet him someday!!

and yes....today sucks....i actually finally had the courage to write about it...