Thursday 1 October 2009

BusyBusyBusy

B is absolutely swamped at work and is going into the office tomorrow very early after getting back late tonight. We're both really grateful that E has been sleeping better at night - he's not perfect, but it's a far cry from waking up 2, 3, 4 times a night. If he could sleep in past 7, though, that'd be nice.

Ever since August 5 I can't help but think about this time last year and how difficult it was. The first three months were a real struggle and I definitely wasn't as happy as I am now. I remember how difficult it was to get out of the house and how I was physically weak for a good long while after the birth. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to relax and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyhow... just tomorrow to get through before a peaceful weekend of no stress.

A few pictures:

In the above pic, E is enjoying listening to his Mozart Cube in his pj's before bed - the cube is a present from Grandpa in CA. It also doubles as a noise trap after bedtime or during naptime. Simply place the Cube in the hallway and wait for an unsuspecting person to trip over it and land on the French Horn. Bonus points if the tooting wakes the baby.

E after a trip down the hill to the soft play center, with his very first balloon. He now recognizes the word balloon and will look around for one. He played with this one until it was the size of a wrinkled lemon. I guess we were lucky that it didn't pop.

Until next time.

3 comments:

SSP said...

lol love the noise trap :-) babies Are FASCINATED with balloons...i think that is cool, cuz so am I :-)

DivineZ said...

Katrina, Elijah is beeeuteeeful! What fun. By the way, Richard and I are coming to London Oct 28 to Oct 31 and are planning to leave early on that Saturday. Are you and Bruno and E available to meet on Thurdsay or Friday night? Let me know.

Pearl Arrow said...

glad to hv minute to check in and see your chicky running dancing flying about! time's flown...busy busy busy is right! big changes here; we'll catch up soon, I hope. pls. tell yr pop would love to hear from him. seems i'm always the one to call...tho it's been long while. still think of your mom often, w/gratitude and love to you all. jean-a