Thursday 1 July 2010

"Pow"

Nearly two years ago now... E having tummy-time at a little less than two months old - no current pics are on this computer.

Today, my awesome kid did three awesome things.

1. We were at our usual toddler playgroup and Katie (usual playmate) had to leave early. Very solemnly, she bent down to E, who was sitting on the floor, and pronounced, "Bye-bye, Elijah." E looked up and immediately said, complete with flappy wave, "Bye-bye Katieeee." It was very, very proper and very, very amusing. S (friend) and I were in stitches.

2. E took my hand, then reached over to B's hand, said: "GUP (get up) PEESE." Dragged us both into the nursery. B sat down and I started giving him a head massage, E saw this, marched over and firmly began massaging B's face with a big smile, all the while acting as if he was bestowing a gigantic favor upon his father.

3. While in our bedroom I smashed a huge spider on the wall with a nearby paperback. (I am not good with spiders. Or bees. Or bugs. Snakes I can kinda deal with.) Later, B and E were in the bedroom and E marched up to the wall, armed with paperback, goes "POW!" and smacked it against the spot where the spider once existed. B was very amused. As for me? I'm just glad my kid hasn't handed me any more spider corpses....

Happy Early 4th of July to everyone, including the losing side all the Brits.

No comments: