Sunday 30 October 2011

Happy (Slightly Early) Halloween!

I have written before about how the UK doesn't celebrate Halloween with as much gusto as the US does, but today, en route to a friend's baby shower, I spied CHRISTMAS decorations in one of the superstores. Come on! Christmas in October? I'd been merrily tuning out the odd mention (people here start talking about it as far back as late August) and now I feel myself turning all bah humbug. There was once a time when Christmassing didn't begin until after Thanksgiving, and I think I liked it better then.

So. We went to Wimbledon Common today, hiked, went into the Windmill musuem (E LOVED it, although the boy loves museums in general), came home, and carved our pumpkin.


Elijah helped with the scooping.


Baby Callie helped with the... um, well.... Baby Callie was the overseer.

She thinks our caution about raw pumpkins not tasting very nice is highly amusing.

Brother and sister examining the finished product.

Test run.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Frances said...

Those who would dress up in a witch Halloween costumes 2012 outfit could make use of that pumpkin as an alternative for a cauldron.