Wednesday 7 December 2011

Wales Misc

A few more pictures, since I have some time. I have been working with C on bedtimes lately and have now gotten her to the point where I can go through the bedtime routine and then leave her in the crib sleepy-but-awake to fall asleep herself. This is a major breakthrough for us and it means more free time for me of an evening. Now... if I can just teach her to stop waking up 3-4-5+ times per night, things will be much better. Crying it out doesn't work so am continuing to muddle through with her.

Back to Wales....

Exploring the onsite lake near the village.

C all dressed up and ready to--

...escape, and crawl off at lightning speed. Toward the bottom of the slide, which she tried to climb about 823452 times.

Hot chocolate, the decadent too-sugary kind, after a little hike around the lake/site. And, back at home...

...the smile that says "You have caught me, but I am wholly unrepentant, and actually rather proud, of my destruction/mess/horrible stain/fill-in-the-blank." Note the toothpaste in her other hand. She hasn't figured out screw-top caps, but it won't be long, folks.

Weather has gotten markedly colder, with frosts appearing. I am once again thankful for a well-insulated double-glazed flat. It really makes heating so much more efficient.

I am currently 35k+ into my current novel (projected 80k), set in early Victorian England. I've had a submission (on another historical) out to a publisher for the last 6 months and they've asked for more time to consider, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Counting down to Christmas, and B is taking a few weeks off work, which will be nice. Hope everyone reading this (yeah, all 4 of you!) are staying warm and happy in this new season.

No comments: