Saturday 2 August 2008

Tea minus 4


Random picture of the moment: Warm waters running into the ancient Roman spa at Bath.

I haven't popped yet. Also I'm having some issues with legit emails winding up in my spam folder, so if I've missed an email from you over the past few months, forgive me!

Got checked out at the hospital today and pronounced sound, although I'm supposed to go back in if I get any more symptoms of pre-e. Ankles/feet are still swollen... walking is hard, but doable! B has been working from home as much as possible. Periodically I catch him looking at me with an appraising gleam in his green eyes, kinda like I'm some sort of roasting chicken, as if at any moment I'll leap up and shout: "DING! My waters broke! The baby's all cooked!" Someone needs to tell the man that a watched pot never boils.

And, a bit off-topic for the general tone of my blog, I read an interesting letter today concerning a patron's complaint to a library about a specific book being included in the collection. It's one of the best responses I've ever seen to a censorship request.

Off to a baby shower tomorrow. I'm hoping to hold out a few days longer in order to see the new Batman flick, but we'll see.

No comments: