Friday 19 June 2009

Update from CA

We've been busy fighting jet lag and making big plans. Oh, and enjoying the weather. It was about 95F today in the full-on sun. That's about 35C or so, for you Euros.

A few pics....


Elijah in his great-great-grandmother's chair, with Grandpa nearby keeping a watchful eye out for toppling. I used the chair as a child; so did my dad.


We visited a park today, one I played at as a child, near the library where I used to work. Elijah enjoyed watching older children on the swings.


The old mill, what the valley and the area are named after.


We met up with friends and their dogs for a walk this afternoon. If you look closely, you can see the towers of the Golden Gate Bridge peeking over the hill in the distance.


The dogs went swimming, and we were a bit jealous... it was hot hot hot!


Allllll tuckered out in our bed.

Tomorrow we're off shopping, Sunday we're going to a barbeque at my godparents' (now godGRANDparents!), Monday we're going to the wedding of one of my oldest and best friends, Wednesday we leave for Mendocino for a few days, 150 miles up the coast or so. Bruno had a massage and a hot tub and a sauna yesterday... there's a small spa about 5 mins walk away. Things are great right now, and we're slowly getting the jet lag controlled. Had burritos and cold root beer for dinner this evening, two things I miss like crazy when I'm in England.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Gail Pryatel said...

omg, how cool! glad u guys get to go see ca again! i miss it sometimes, and my family all the time.

hope u guys have a great time, stay safe :)