Saturday 27 September 2008

Autumn... sun?

Overturning the underlying principles of Murphy's Law, it was quite a nice autumn day today. Coincidentally, we'd planned to meet up with friends at Wisley Gardens, not a far drive south of us, so the fact that it wasn't raining was wonderful. It was very misty/foggy at first (giving me fond memories of SF!) but after lunch the sun came out and everything warmed up beautifully.

Some pictures for the curious are below. Here's most of our party walking by one of the park pagodas:


A Chinese junk rig model boat:


A two-year-old who likes to lead the way!

B helps the Eli-monster worship the sun. Note the decorative burp cloth:


Against my better judgment, here's a picture of me. And I'm only posting this so that B won't nag me to post one! I'm standing next to some sort of giant, artsy panda.

Hidden, carved shroom lurking on a path in the woods:

1 comment:

SSP said...

MY that last photo is awfully phallic!! Congrats K! Your dad gave me your blog address - I am so happy to hear you have a beautiful little baby!! I will add your blog to my list and hope to stay in touch. You look great!! much love....your cousin, Sara