Friday 5 September 2008

This and That

Elijah at 4 weeks old.

As I wrote in a recent email to my dad, I've graduated from typing one-handed. I now type facing the computer at a 90 degree angle while rocking the heck out of a bouncer with my foot and singing.

Next up I'll graduate to typing with my nose because if he keeps growing at this rate I'm going to need both hands to hang onto him.

A few random pictures below. We took this first one as a thank you to a friend of mine who sent me a "care package" of stuff from the U.S. that you can't get in England. Fruit Roll-Ups, Hershey's Kisses... and grits! Some studies have shown a correlation to what a woman eats in her third trimester to foods the child enjoys later on. If that's true, he'll definitely enjoy his grits. I think my mom would have agreed that I've started him on the correct path in life.


Speaking of eating, when he's hungry, he'll root around looking for something--anything--to latch on to. This is him trying to eat a cloth diaper. (Mm, yum.) Word to the wise: if he's hungry and you bring him close enough to your face, he will latch onto your nose. And that is a very weird feeling.

No comments: