Wednesday 4 March 2009

Requests


Several folks have made some requests fairly recently, so this update is for you!

For Jean-A and Hannah Pearl:


I couldn't get one of him smiling, sorry! He's way too interested in the camera. But he loves that elephant!

For those random people asking about a video* update:



I got him doing his gobbledygook babbling. It's new, and it's awesome. He gets a bit frustrated at the end there, mostly because the things he's waving don't make any cool smashing or jingling sounds when he shakes them. The "kkh" sounds in the middle are because he's noticed the camera and wants to make friends with it. Seriously, he goes "kkh" or "kee" quite a bit when he's feeling curious and friendly. It's super cute.

For "Realma" in WA:



Elijah was a bit over 4 months when we took this. He looks poleaxed but was smiley the rest of the time, honestly.

He's such a cheerful kid that I'm actually getting a bit of a reputation around the area as the mother with the baby who always smiles. Seriously, I saw three women I know when I was out today and they all commented.

Speaking of which, we've all got this informal coffee chat thing going once a week. It's nice. Doubly nice because we actually talk about something other than our babies. Triply nice because nobody is hyperfocusing on the babies. It's like, wow, maybe I'm still human after all, with normal interests.

Also, just a quick note: Some emails are being auto-sent to my spam folder (again!). This is doubly annoying when I get an email that looks legit and turns out to be some sort of ad for purple dinosaur hooves or something, and it's NOT in my spam folder while something legit IS! So if I've not responded, send again, maybe with a crazy title or something.**

Right, off to bed! If I'm lucky I'll get four hours straight!

*I might remove the videos from YouTube at some point but I'll leave them up for awhile longer - just a bit concerned about privacy issues, but that's a whole other post - one I'll leave til later!

**Bruno and I both agree that the best spam email title we've ever seen is Collective Octopus.

No comments: