Wednesday 15 July 2009

Randomness

Not much going on here, just the balancing act of keeping the house clean and the pantry stocked, finding time to write, and, of course, riding herd on a very active boy. We discovered a great place for babies and children under 5 on Monday and spent nearly an hour there doing puzzles and crawling around the "sensory room." The sensory room is very baby friendly with a little mini ball pit, changing lights, bells and chimes to swat at, buttons to push... and it's all very crawl-friendly with pads and beanbags lining the floor.

I weighed him today and he's pushing upward on that graph - nearly at the 10th percentile. The reflux meds are definitely working. Chatted with a couple of the health visitors I know, plus a woman from the post-natal group I was in. She's from South Africa so I felt no guilt in moaning to her about the weather contrast between here and California. (And yes, if you haven't guessed, it's been raining here! And humid to boot! Well, I guess better humid than cold, but ew.)

I don't have any recent pictures, so I'll just stick up a few from CA, because what's a blog post without pictures? :)


Getting up close and personal with a pair of friendly goats at the fair's petting zoo.


Navigating the stairs at the 4th of July barbecue with grandpa in tow.

No comments: