Monday 6 July 2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

It's going to be very difficult to leave CA! Everyone has been so welcoming. There was never a shortage of helping hands for the baby, and I was amazed at how babyproof things were. It was always a pleasure and never a chore to visit other houses! Thanks for the wonderful food, company, and... well, everything.

I'm going to miss being surrounded by so much nature. I don't think I'll ever take it for granted again. I love seeing the mountain so close and having beaches nearby, and walking out onto the marshes late at night with hardly another soul on the path.

I scanned in a few photos today. Won't post them all today, but I'll make a good start.

In honor of the family reunion going on right now in TX (which I wish we could have made!) here's a reunion announcement from 1983. (Click to enlarge.)

My mom when she was younger, with her dog Skippy (I think).


Sisters - My mom and my aunt Marjorie Deane.



Mawmaw learnin' me how to read.

Mawmaw and I in San Francisco somewhere.


Me playing the piano in church.

Riding with Jess in Hawaii when I was 12.

That's all for now, stay tuned for part 2 sometime later this week once I get around to it. Our things at the new place are still mostly in boxes, so things will be busy for awhile until the unpacking settles down and I get things where I want 'em. Wish us luck on the flight back.

2 comments:

Pearl Arrow said...

ooh, you were here this summer...ooh. h. pearl was at camp winnarainbow most of july, then in peru. but i was around...aargh...that's what I get for being out of touch to remind you about us. (see http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Unknown said...

Ok, so I just saw this post and this picture of us and realized that we both have about 5 tons of sunscreen on our legs and it isn't even rubbed in. I'm blaming my mother! I'm so happy I got to see you this past summer and I hope to see you and Burno and Elijah next summer. I love you and wish you were closer!